Tracey Spicer, an Australian broadcaster and author, asked members of her vast social media network to suggest ways to end sexual harassment in the workplace.
And she got some interesting responses that are worthy of consideration here. The list was published recently by the web site of an Australian lifestyle network called NineHoney.
What follows are just a few of the ideas. Those that I deem particular worthy are in bold:
- Clearly define what comes under the umbrella of sexual harassment;
- Teach children and parents about consent as part of a school program;
- Re-frame the concept of what it is to be a good man – teach men to be better bystanders;
- Empower HR Departments to take action if women are at risk;
- The board and top executives should commit to a zero tolerance policy;
- Sexual harassment should be a standing agenda item at board/management meetings.